100g plain flour
100g bread flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp double acting baking powder(or 2 tsp baking powder)
1/2 tsp salt
160ml cold milk
40g melted butter
1 tsp alkaline water (optional, adding will make kueh have the chewy texture)
1 cup of roasted skinless peanuts – grind in food processor or buy ready grinded from supermarkets
1/2 cup of fine sugar(mix with grinded peanuts)
(Can also put chocolate rice/cheese/corn/red bean)
1. Sift plain flour, bread flour, baking powder and baking soda together, add in the rest of the ingredients and use whisk to whisk till everything is combined to become a smooth batter.
2. Cling wrap the bowl and leave in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
3. Heat up your non-stick pan. I did not grease my pan so the kueh is even in color. Pour batter into a measuring cup or batter dispenser for easy pouring of batter into pan and getting neat circles(just pour/press until required size).
4. Immediately sprinkle some peanuts sugar mixture(no need wait till half cooked so peanuts mixture sticks nicely to the Kueh), use low heat and cover with lid.
5. U can close half of Kueh with spatula when u see bubbles stop moving. I actually agar agar one but u will get the hang of it.
6. Leave to cool before storing in containers.