340g plain flour(use bread flour if u want chewy texture like coffee bean type)
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
3 teaspoons baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
120g unsalted butter
80g soft brown sugar(SIS brand)
4 tablespoons honey/golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Sift flour, ground ginger, cinnamon and baking soda into a big bowl.
3. Cut butter into small pieces and using fingers, rub together with flour to make a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the brown sugar.
5. Add the honey or golden syrup and egg. Use your hands to mix everything together, kneading together to form a soft, pliable, non sticky dough.
6. Roll onto non stick mat and cut out the shapes you would like using cookie cutters and place the cookies on a baking tray.
7. Bake in oven for 12 mins for soft cookie, if u want crunchy, bake for 15 mins. I’m using fan mode for my Rowenta oven. Cool cookies before decorating with royal icing.