3 Large Eggs
Sugar- 3tbsp + 1 tbsp
Milk- 2 tablespoons
Oil- 2.5 tablespoons
Flour- 3 tablespoons
Corn flour- 1 teaspoon
Green Tea Powder- 1 tablespoon
Pinch of salt
1. Separate the egg yolks and the whites.
2. Add in 3tbps sugar, eggs whites and a pinch of salt in a bowl and beat until stiff and fluffy.
3. In another bowl add in the egg yolks and the 1 tbsp sugar and beat with a whisk until pale and fluffy. Pour in the oil and beat for 30 seconds. Add in the milk and beat for further 20 seconds.
4. Add in the sifted flour, corn flour, green tea powder(all 3 sift together)and mix to combine with a balloon whisk.
5. Fold in the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture in 3-4 additions with a spatula and try not to deflate the batter.
6. Pour the batter in a Swiss roll pan lined with baking paper.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10- 12 minutes.
8. I didn’t wait for the cake to cool. I just flipped the cake onto a baking rack and removed the baking paper, then I flipped back onto a new pc of baking paper and roll without frosting while the cake is still hot. This will prevent cracks. Dont need to roll too tightly. If you don’t want to burn ur fingers u can put a pc of cloth underneath the new pc of baking paper.
9. When the cake has cooled, slowly unroll and spread frosting and with the baking paper as a guide, roll into a log. Don’t spread too much at the ends or it will be squeezed out. I place the swiss roll onto a pc of cling wrap, tighten the corners and refrigerate before slicing.