Recipe for easy fluffy soft bread
400g Bread flour(sifted)
260g cold fresh milk
70g caster sugar
6g instant yeast
1/4 tsp salt
50g unsalted butter(room temp)
2 egg yolks+2 tablespoons milk for egg wash
Cocktail hotdog/normal hotdog/raisins/nutella/red bean paste…
(If using raisins/nuts just add together when doing step 1. After taking out from fridge, roll into balls, rest dough for 30 mins and can bake in oven.)
1. Add bread flour, caster sugar, instant yeast, salt and cold milk together and hand knead till smooth.
2. Add in butter and knead till butter is incorporated into dough and turns elastic and smooth. Cover bowl with damp cloth/cling wrap. Let it rise till double in size for around 1 hour at room temperature. I put the bowl of dough in my Rowenta oven, set it at Menu 14 which is 35 degrees, for 1 hour to proof the dough.
3. After first rise, punch down the dough in the bowl then cover with cling wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, just take out dough needed, weigh into 20g each if u r making mini hotdog rolls, follow the steps in the photos to form the shape. To form the triangle, I roll each dough into a ball, flatten and do side folds, let them rest for 10 mins, open up the folds, press down the top two corners to your chopping board/non stick mat(no need flour the dough as its not very sticky). Pull down bottom portion to become pointed, use rolling pin to roll the triangle smooth. Add ur filling inside and roll to form the shape. Rest for 30 mins.
5. Apply egg wash, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees for 15 mins. I use my Rowenta oven traditional mode bottom rack. Cool and store in airtight container. Bread still soft the next day. 🙂