Revised Recipe for Nestum Gingerbread Cookies
(No Mixer Required!)
280g plain flour
50g Nestum Cereal
1 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
120g unsalted butter
80g soft brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey/golden syrup(u can use it leftover Mooncake syrup also)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees, air fryer can be used too!
2. Sift plain flour, ground ginger, cinnamon and baking soda into a big bowl.
Stir in Nestum Cereal.
3. Cut butter into small pieces and using fingers, rub butter into dry mixture to form breadcrumbs texture.
4. Stir in the brown sugar.
5. Add the honey and egg. Use your hands to mix everything together, kneading together to form a soft, pliable, non sticky dough.
6. Roll onto non stick mat and cut out the shapes you would like using cookie cutters and place the cookies on a baking tray.
You can add sprinkles to bake together with the cookies too.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 mins or till evenly browned.
I’m using Rowenta 7868 lowest rack fan mode only.
Cool cookies and store in airtight containers/pack individually to give away!