Bear Shaker Crunchy Butter Cookies Recipe
240g Plain Flour
60g Corn Flour
113g Cold Unsalted Butter(cut into cubes)
85g Fine Sugar
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional 1 tablespoon strawberry powder
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees
2. In a mixer, beat cold cubed butter, sugar, salt till pale yellow.
3. Add in egg and mix till well blended.
4. Sift plain flour and corn flour into wet mixture and mix till a dough forms.(u can add in food powder at this point)
5. Roll dough, u can use any cookie cutter, then use the wider side of a piping tip to cut out a window in the centre of the dough. Place 1/3 of the fox candy into the window, if ur cookie window is bigger, can add more candy. Don’t overfill candy if not can’t shake the sprinkles inside.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 mins, I’m using Rowenta 7868 bottom rack fan mode only. When baking is done, wait for candy window part to harden and remove from baking pan, just have to knock below the pan to release the cookies, if u used baking paper, cookies can be easily removed.
7. Fill sprinkles to the candy window, using melted chocolate chips as the glue to attach two cookies together. Remember both cookies candy window flat surface will always be facing down to create a space for the sprinkles.