5 Egg Whites(Cold from fridge)
80g Caster Sugar
1. Beat cold egg whites with caster sugar till stiff peaks and set aside.
100g Coconut milk(I use Ayam Brand)
1 Tablespoon Koepoe Pandan Paste(from Sheng Siong)
50g Coconut oil
90g Plain Flour
5 Egg Yolks
1. In a pot, pour in coconut milk, coconut oil and pandan paste and heat till combined. No need to be boiling but need to be warm. Switch off heat.
2. Sift in plain flour and stir till well mixed then mix in egg yolks.
3. Fold in 1/4 of egg whites(stiff peaks) mixture and pour the mixed batter into the bowl of remaining egg whites. Fold till well mixed. Pour into chiffon pan and bang pan onto counter top 3 times.
4. Bake in preheated oven 160 degrees for 12 mins and lower temperature to 150 degrees to bake for another 35 mins. I’m using Rowenta oven 7868 bottom rack, top and bottom heat only. Invert pan to cool onto cooling rack or on a bottle. Use a cake removal tool to loosen sides to easily remove cake from pan.
* Note: Different oven have different temperature and settings. If your oven temperature is hotter, reduce temperature and bake longer. Don’t use fan mode for chiffon cakes as inside might not be cooked in the given time.