190g Plain Flour
50g Caster Sugar
125g Unsalted Butter room temperature
20g Nestum Cereal(Multi grain)
80g Bak Kwa chopped into small pcs
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Sift plain flour, nestum, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside. If nestum cereal can’t pass through sifter, use fingers to press through sifter. Can also just add nestum without sifting(coarser texture)
2. Cream unsalted butter and caster sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and mix till combined.
3. Mix in flour mixture and mix till dough forms. Lastly add in bak kwa bits.
4. If using cookie cutter, refrigerate dough at least an hour so dough won’t be too soft to roll. Or just roll into balls and flatten with fork.
5. Bake at 160 degrees(preheated beforehand) for 15-18 mins. Different oven different temp. And if dough too thin will bake faster. I’m using Rowenta 7868 oven bottom heat fan mode lowest rack. Cool before storing in airtight containers.