7g instant yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbsp sugar(I used fine sugar)
1/8 teaspoon salt
225g melted butter(cooled to rm temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon(optional)
3/4 cup crushed cube sugar (raw or white cube sugar)
Waffle Pan or Waffle Maker
1. Mix the yeast, water, sugar and salt in a bowl and leave it for 15 minutes.
2. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center of the flour.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the well and using mixer to mix until blended on medium speed.
Add one egg at a time(mix till incorporated). Pour in melted butter gradually with mixer on medium speed, followed by vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Wrap the bowl with cling wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight. (If you got the time, u can rest dough at room temperature for 2 hours and continue to step 6.)
5. Take out dough from fridge and let it cool to room temperature before using.
6. Gently fold in the crushed sugar and let the dough rest for 15 more minutes.
7. While the dough is resting, heat the waffle pan or waffle maker.
8. Spoon a ball of dough onto the center of the heated waffle pan. Flip to the other side when u close the pan and open to check on waffles every few mins, flip pan over fire to get the even color. For electric waffle maker, open up to check only when there is no steam emitting out.
9. Eat it while its hot or cooled it before storing in container.
* Belgian waffles meant to have crispy exterior and chewy interior. Butter will make it taste nicer. No need separate eggs. That method is more for local waffles.