290g Cake Flour
350g ripe bananas mashed
140g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160g vegetable oil(I use canola oil)
1. Preheat Oven @ 160 degrees.
Sift cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
2. In another bowl(pls use a big bowl to prevent splashing)beat the eggs with both sugars using hand mixer/stand mixer on medium speed till pale yellow and creamy, then add in the mash bananas and beat using high speed till double in volume and thick. Needs to be thick, if too watery u need keep beating, rotate your bowl with one hand, the other hand with the hand mixer to move up and down to ensure even mixing.
3. Add in sifted flour into the eggs mixture, using a spatula to fold(not stir) in till u don’t see any flour bits. Pour in the vegetable oil and vanilla extract and slowly fold till incorporated.
4. Pour slowly into the centre of the Baking Paper Lined(easy removal) 9 inch square pan. Tap pan lightly onto a table cloth three times to remove those big air pockets.
5. Bake for 45 mins, I’m using Rowenta top and bottom heat(no fan), if ur oven is hotter reduce 10 degrees and bake longer or till surface is evenly brown and cake springs back when touched. Remove cake from pan and cool down on cooling rack, remove baking paper liner after cake totally cooled.
Cut into slices and store in airtight container.