Ingredients For Crepe
40g Caster Sugar
250g Cake Flour/Top Flour
55g Unsalted Butter(melted and cooled)
500g Cold Milk
6 Gel Food Colors
Ingredients For Frosting
500ml Cold Whipping Cream(I use Payson)
50g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Optional Jam/Canned Fruits
1. In a bowl, crack in 4 eggs, using a hand whisk, mix in sugar and salt till evenly combined.
2. Sift flour in the egg mixture in 3 parts, each part to be evenly combined.
3. Add in the cooled melted unsalted butter and stir till a sticky batter is formed.
4. Pour in the cold milk in 3 parts to the batter and mix till combined. Sieve to remove any lumps.
5. Divide the batter into 6 portions if you want to make rainbow colors. Just a drop of gel color is enough. U can weigh the whole batter, then use calculator to divide into 6, portions will be even if you don’t have same size bowls. Start with the yellow, orange, red, green, blue, purple so u don’t need to use so many spoons.
6. Preheat your 6 inch frying pan over low fire, if u want a shorter crepe cake can use 8 inch.
6 inch yields 24 layers. Each color 4 pcs.
7. Using a soup ladle(mine is ard 35ml), pour the batter in the centre and tilt your pan around to spread the batter evenly. Once the sides brown and curl up, u can use a spatula to flip the crepe over the chopstick and slowly flip the other side to cook for another 20 seconds. Place the cooked crepe onto a plate and stack the layers together first so won’t dry out. I started with the red(pink) batter, then orange, yellow, blue, green, purple.
8. In a cold bowl or place it on top of another bowl with ice, pour in the cold whipping cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Whip till the mixture forms ripples that stays. Don’t overbeat if not will turn into butter. Use medium speed. The extra bowl with ice speeds up the thickening process.
9. Assemble the layers together onto a cake board, leave a 1-2cm space so frosting won’t spill out when layers are stacked. Spread a layer of whipped cream just enough to cover the surface is enough. U can add jam or cut canned fruits if u want. Remember to set the cake in the fridge. U can use cake plastic to cover the sides of the cake after assembling if u want to give ppl. If not if the whipped cream melts the cake will wobble.