Ingredients For Chocolate Cupcakes
(12 Medium Size Cupcakes)
100g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
120g Plain Yogurt(I use Low Fat)
110ml Canola Oil(Can Use Corn Oil)
120g Plain Flour
60g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee/Espresso Powder mix with 50ml hot boiling water
Optional 100g Chocolate Chips can be added after coffee mixture is incorporated
Chocolate Ganache/Frosting Ingredients
200g Coconut Cream(Kara)
230g Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Method For Chocolate Ganache
1. Heat coconut cream in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals for total time of 1 minute 30 seconds. Add in chocolate chips and stir till smooth.
2. Wait for mixture to cool down before dipping ur cake surface with Chocolate Ganache. For piping frosting, you need to place the cooled mixture wrap with cling wrap in the refrigerator at least 6 hours or overnight, use a hand mixer to whip the cold chocolate till smooth with a lighter brown color. Transfer to piping bag with piping tip of your choice and pipe onto your cupcakes.
*Take note if ur hand is warm, u can put the piping bag into the fridge for a few minutes to let the chocolate firm up before piping again.
Method For Cupcakes
1. Preheat Oven to 170 degrees.
Sift plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & salt together, set aside.
2. In another bowl, pour in eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, yogurt & canola oil and stir with whisk till well combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix till incorporated.
3. Lastly pour in the hot coffee mixture and stir evenly. You can add chocolate chips if you want at this point.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake in preheated oven @ 170 degrees for 20 mins. Cupcakes are ready when surface springs back after pressing.
Leave to cool on cooling rack, store in airtight container at room temperature or in fridge.
I’m using Rowenta oven 7868 bottom rack, top and bottom heat only.
* Note: Different ovens have different temperature and settings. If your oven temperature is hotter, reduce 10-20 degrees and bake longer.