Unsalted butter 250g(still cold but not so hard)
100g icing sugar(i use pure icing sugar no flour inside)
Plain Flour 400g
Custard powder 50g
30g salted yolk powder(Knorr brand)
A bit of Orange food color for beak and feet(Americolor or u can use other brand)
1. Sift plain flour,custard powder and salted yolk powder and leave aside.
Using a mixer(I’m using Kitchenaid speed 3), cream unsalted butter and icing sugar till light and creamy.
2. Mix in egg till combined(as in my photo,not lumpy)
3. Add in the sifted ingredients and mix till dough forms.
4. Take out some dough and mix with orange food coloring. Make the 2 feet and place onto baking tray. U can make all the feet first.
5. I agar agar roll the pineapple paste into balls(i did not weigh so dun ask me for the weight haha!) Depends on the size u like,the dough dun expand a lot but dun make until so big,not bite size liao… take so dough roll into a ball and flatten,put the pineapple paste ball in the centre and wrap and roll into a ball.
6. Put on top of the feet, add in wings, heart sprinkle as the crown, orange dough for the beak(shape verticle cone shape, place onto face den use knife cut a line in the centre), black sesame seeds for the eyes.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 140 degrees for 15-17 mins. Depending on ur oven temperature, try bake a few pcs to see the results. Im using Rowenta 7868 bottom heat fan mode. Cool before storing in airtight containers. Happy Baking!