227g unsalted butter room temperature
227g self raising flour
170g castor sugar
2 sachets or 60g instant tea mix(I use Owl brand Thai Iced Tea 30g each)
1 tsp baking powder(I use clabbergirl double acting)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugar and instant tea mix till combined.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time and mix on medium speed.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together and incorporate into wet mixture.
5. Bake at 150 degrees for 20 mins. I am using Rowenta 7868 oven. Bottom heat with fan.
Shortcut Swiss Meringue Buttercream
115g egg whites
180g castor sugar
227g unsalted butter room temperature(I use SCS)
1 tablespoon condensed milk
1. Using double boiler method melt sugar in egg whites and stir with whisk till at least 71 degrees (I use thermometer from Phoon Huat costs less den $8)
2. Cool down the mixture in freezer to at least 15 degrees. I just agar agar leave ard 20 mins touch its cold can alr.
3. Meanwhile using mixer cream the butter till pale yellow.
4. Add the cooled egg whites sugar mixture to the butter and beat till it forms a buttercream mixture. Even if u overbeat its ok. I beat less than 4 mins using my kitchenaid.
5. Add the condensed milk and mix till combined.