600g Sago Flour
150g Corn Flour
2 pandan leaves
(cut into 3cm pcs)
210g of the cooked flour mixture
1 egg yolk
85g gula merah/gula melaka
80ml coconut cream(box type)
1. Stir fry sago and corn flour with cut pandan leaves in a wok over low fire for 30 mins or when the flour feels light and pandan leaves turns crispy. Can also bake in oven at a low temp(fan mode) but open to stir every 10 mins. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container. Use only the next day. I use 210g of the flour mixture for this recipe.
2. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.In a bowl, mix gula melaka and coconut cream till combined. Strain the mixture to remove lumps of sugar. Mix egg yolk with 40ml of the sugar coconut mixture and mix till creamy(I just use hand whisk).
3. In another bowl sift 210g of the flour mixture. Pour in the egg mixture. Slowly add in remaining sugar coconut mixture little by little till a pliable dough forms.
4. Roll dough and cut to desired shapes.
5. Bake at 150 degrees for 10 to 12 mins. I use Rowenta fan mode bottom heat bottom rack. Cool and store in airtight container.