7g instant yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbsp sugar(I used fine sugar)
1/8 teaspoon salt
190g melted butter(cooled to rm temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons purple potato powder
3/4 cup crushed to big pcs from raw cube sugar(or use pearl sugar)
1. Mix the yeast, water, sugar and salt in a bowl and leave it for 15 minutes.
2. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center of the flour.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the well and using mixer to mix until blended on medium speed.
Add one egg at a time(mix till incorporated). Pour in melted butter gradually with mixer on medium speed, followed by vanilla and purple potato powder.
4. Wrap the bowl with cling wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight. (If you got the time, u can rest dough at room temperature for 2 hours and continue to step 6.)
5. Take out dough from fridge and let it cool to room temperature before using.
6. Gently fold in the crushed/pearl sugar and let the dough rest for 15 more minutes.
7. While the dough is resting, preheat the waffle pan or waffle maker.
8. Spoon a ball of dough onto the center of the heated waffle pan. For happycall pan, flip to the other side when u close the pan and open to check on waffles every few mins to get the even color for both sides. For electric waffle maker, open up to check only when there is no steam emitting out.
9. Eat it while its hot or cooled it before storing in container.