Ingredients(For 3 colors 6 inch cake)
226g unsalted butter (room temp)
226g self raising flour sift with 1 tsp baking powder
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Gel Colors(I use Americolor)
Kit Kat & M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Cream unsalted butter and sugar till light and creamy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time till incorporated. Add in vanilla extract.
3. Mix in flour mixture.
4. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls and add gel colors. Pour into 3 round cake pans.
5. Bake at 150 degrees for 18-20 mins. I’m using Rowenta oven centre rack fan mode bottom heat. Remove from pan and cool on rack. You can freeze the cakes and decorate on the next day.
Ingredients For Shortcut Swiss Meringue Buttercream
115g egg whites
200g castor sugar
227g unsalted butter room temperature(I use SCS)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Using double boiler method melt sugar in egg whites and stir with whisk till at least 71 degrees (I use thermometer from Phoon Huat costs less den $8)
2. Cool down the mixture in freezer to at least 15 degrees. I just agar agar leave ard 20 mins touch its cold can alr.
3. Meanwhile using mixer cream the butter till pale yellow.
4. Add the cooled egg whites sugar mixture to the butter and beat till it forms a buttercream mixture. Then add in vanilla. Even if u overbeat its ok. I beat less than 4 mins using my kitchenaid.
Ingredients For Marshmallow Fondant
1 tablespoon water
250g to 300g icing sugar
1. Melt marshmallows and water in glass bowl in microwave(20 secs 2 times so the marshmallow won’t overflow from bowl) if the marshmallows are not fully melted can put another 10 secs.
2. Grease the mixing bowl with shortening so the mixture won’t stick to the bowl. I use my kitchenaid to mix the icing sugar into the melted marshmallow. You can also grease ur hand with shortening and mix.
3. Knead the fondant until its not sticky and looks smooth.
4. You can add colors required. Wrap with cling wrap and store in airtight container at room temperature if going to use the next day. If keeping for future use can store in freezer and let it defrost to room temperature before using.